As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Please note that you are never charged any extra for that.
Fiskars Axes reviews are a hot topic in the world of outdoor activities. These axes are best for chopping wood, splitting logs, and all-around use on their property.
When it comes to chopping wood, an essential tool you can have is an ax. However, chopping wood with a dull axe will take significantly more time and energy than using a sharp one. The key to purchasing the right axe is understanding your needs compared to what type of axes are available on the market. Fiskars has been around for over 350 years, so they know their axes! They provide quality tools that work well for any task, whether splitting logs or cutting down trees. Here we’ll go through Fiskars axe reviews. We will review some of their best-selling products in different categories so you can find which one suits your needs!
Table of Contents
Let’s have a look at our list of the 4 best Fiskars Axes in the market.
1. Fiskars 378841-1002 X27 Super (36″) Splitting Axe Review-best durable Fiskars axe
2. Fiskars 378501-1002 X7 Hatchet-best lightweight Fiskars axe
3. Fiskars IsoCore Maul, 36-Inch (751110-1003)-best large Fiskars axe
4. Fiskars X25 Splitting Axe, 28-Inch-best overall Fiskars axe
|Fiskars 378841-1002 X27 Super (36″) Splitting Axe Review||1 x 1 x 1 inches 5.85 pounds||Non-slip Grip Patented Fiskars technology|
|Fiskars 378501-1002 X7 Hatchet||16.5 x 5.5 x 1 inches 1.4 Pounds||Deeper cuts For chopping Medium-sized Logos|
|Fiskars IsoCore Maul, 36-Inch (751110-1003)||3.25 x 7.75 x 36 inches 10.4 pounds||Shock absorbers Ease of use Better penetration|
|Fiskars X25 Splitting Axe, 28-Inch||2 x 9.25 x 31.5 inches 5.29 pounds||Fiber comp handle Blade geometry Shock absorber|
How to maintain Fiskars axes?
Do you want to know how to maintain a Fiskars Axe? This article provides 4 tips and tricks that will help keep your axe in good condition for years.
1. Check the blade periodically for signs of rust, such as pitting or discoloration. If there are any signs of rust, use sandpaper on the affected areas and then oil with a light machine oil like 3-IN-ONE® Multi-Purpose Oil.
2. Sharpen the blade after every third day of cutting wood by rubbing it along a whetstone at an angle relative to the stone’s surface while applying even pressure until sharp enough to cut cleanly through paper without tearing it (generally about 15 minutes).
3) The other important tip for maintaining your Fiskars axe is always to keep your blade covered when not in use. A protective cover will prevent corrosion and preserve the steel’s sharpness by not exposing it to water or other corrosive substances that might get on it during storage.
4) The other tip is always to be conscious of how you are using your Fiskars axe. For example, if you’re working with wood, make sure that you give each strike a strong blow not to put undue stress and shock on the tool. It can seriously damage its blade over time.
How to Sharpen Your Fiskars Axes?
A Fiskars axe is an excellent tool for chopping wood and other general outdoor tasks. However, if you have a dull blade, there are some steps that you can take to sharpen your axe and get it back into shape so that you can continue hacking away at those logs.
1. Have a metal file or stone to sharpen your axe.
2. Use it by holding the tool in one hand and using the other to apply pressure on the blade.
3. Be careful not to push too hard and cut yourself with the sharp edge of your Fiskars axe!
If you are unsure whether or not your blade is sharp enough, use this test as described below:
Place an old sheet of paper against a log about six inches away from where you stand; if you can slice through both without much effort, then congratulations -your Fiskars axe is ready for some more work.* If any part of the page remains attached after cutting (specifically between two cuts), then it’s time to get back to sharpening.
This test is not an indication of the blade’s efficiency in cutting but rather its ability to slice through a sheet of paper. You should note that this will only work on fabric made from natural fibres such as cotton or linen; synthetic materials like polyester and nylon are immune to being cut with any axe due to their lack of flexibility.*
With proper maintenance, your Fiskars axe can last for many years! Once you have honed it properly, store your tool undercover (preferably indoors) when not in use so that it doesn’t rust again. You may also try coating the blade with linseed oil before storing it -this will seal the metal and prevent oxidation until the subsequent use.
Fiskars X27 Super Splitting Axe is designed for the most challenging chopping tasks. The blade geometry and weight distribution provide power, balance, and control. In addition, the advanced blade design virtually eliminates friction so that you can split even the most stubborn logs with ease.
Its virtually unbreakable design makes it the ideal splitting axe for all your wood splitting tasks.
The virtually unbreakable design has a handle with shock-absorbing zones that protect your hands from vibration and impact.
The axe head has been redesigned to allow for a better grip on the handle. It will enable you to split wood more easily without worrying about losing control of the axe while swinging it. In addition, the forged steel head features a superior blade geometry which increases cutting force by 30% compared to other axes in its class.
● The X27 Super Splitting Axe is the ultimate tool for splitting wood.
● It’s designed to make quick work of larger logs, and its head is forged in one piece with a long handle to provide maximum force and leverage when you swing it.
● This axe features a curved blade that makes it easier to chop through hardwood, and its fiberglass handle provides excellent balance so you can swing with ease.
LOW FRICTION BLADE COATING
● The blade has been coated with Fiskars’ patented low friction coating that helps prevent the log from slipping as you split it.
● This coating also prevents the blade from rusting or corroding over time.
FIBER COMP HANDLE
● This handle is made of fiberglass-reinforced nylon, which provides increased durability and shock absorption.
● It also has a non-slip grip for added safety when using this splitting axe.
The Fiskars X27 Super (36″) Splitting Axe is a compact and lightweight tool that delivers powerful performance. It has an all-steel construction with the ability to fit both right or left-handed uses, making it perfect for anyone looking for dependability. This product weighs 5.85 pounds and features dimensions of 1x1x1 inches, so you can easily transport this axe without fear of breaking any backs!
- ● Fibercomp handle
- ● Non-rusty
- ● Lightweight
- ● Not come with a leather blade cap
Why do we recommend this product?
The X27 Super Splitting Axe from Fiskars is the ultimate tool for splitting wood. The axe head’s advanced blade geometry an ultra-sharp edge makes it possible to split logs up to 27 inches in diameter with fewer strikes, while the weight distribution and power of the handle allow you to swing faster, easier, and more powerfully than ever before.
Fiskars X7 Hatchet is the perfect outdoor companion for camping, hunting, and more. It’s easy to carry and has an ideal weight distribution that makes it a pleasure to use. The advanced blade geometry provides you with an ultra-sharp edge that stays sharp longer. In addition, the virtually unbreakable design means you can chop kindling and small- to medium-sized logs with ease.
Perfected weight distribution gives you more power behind each swing, while the advanced blade geometry makes chopping easier on your joints. The ultra-sharp edge stays sharper longer, giving you more chops per edge. And the virtually unbreakable design means it will last for years of hard work.
● The Fiskars X7 Hatchet is the ultimate tool for chopping wood, clearing brush, and other tasks.
● It features a patented blade design that allows it to chop deeper than any other hatchet on the market.
● The Fiskars X7 Hatchet has a unique handle design that provides your hand with perfect balance when you swing it to chop more efficiently and effectively.
● The Fiskars X7 Hatchet’s head is made from high carbon steel, which prevents vibrations during use, so you can work longer without tiring out your hands or arms.
PROPRIETARY BLADE DESIGN
● The blade of the Fiskars X7 Hatchet is designed to be virtually unbreakable and sharp enough to chop through even thick branches with ease.
● Its shape also makes it ideal for cutting through small logs into firewood-sized pieces.
The Fiskars 378501-1002 X7 Hatchet is a 16.5 x 5.5 x 1 inch tool that weighs in at only one pound, making it the perfect size for anyone who carries their instruments with them or should happen to need an extra hand when out and about!
- ● Carry with ease
- ● Unbreakable
- ● Perfect size
- ● Require proper maintenance
Why do we recommend this product?
A durable hatchet that’s easy to carry and ideal for chopping kindling and small- to medium-sized logs. The advanced blade geometry of the Fiskars X7 Hatchet delivers a more refined cutting edge, which provides perfect balance and weight distribution, making it easier to chop through wood. It features an ultra-sharp edge that stays sharp longer than other axes on the market today. The virtually unbreakable design is made with high-quality steel that holds its edge longer than competing brands.
The Fiskars X27 is an excellent steel maul with a Shock Control System that absorbs strike shock and vibration, reducing muscle fatigue and joint pain. The X27 has a lightweight aluminum handle for improved swing speed and reduced user fatigue. The handle is also ergonomically designed for better grip when wet or in cold conditions. The forged steel head features an anti-vibration system that reduces the transfer of vibrations to the handle.
The Fiskars IsoCore® maul is the ultimate choice for intense wood splitting jobs. It features a premium steelhead that delivers superior edge life and durability.
NON SLIP GRIP
● The Fiskars IsoCore Maul is a perfect tool for any home improvement project.
● It’s designed with a non-slip grip so you can get the job done without having to worry about your hands slipping off of the handle.
OPTIMIZED BLADE GEOMETRY
● This maul has been designed with optimized blade geometry that allows it to be more efficient than other mauls on the market.
● The head and handle are perfectly balanced so that you can swing it easily whether you’re using one hand or two.
INSEPARABLE RIVETED HEAD
● The Inseparable Riveted Head features an innovative design that makes it easier to remove and replace the head if needed without compromising strength or durability.
● The Resistant Coating protects against corrosion and wears, keeping your tool in top condition for longer.
● It also helps prevent blisters caused by friction between your hand and the handle.
● With its Non-Slip Grip, you can be sure of a comfortable hold every time you use this maul.
● In addition, its ergonomic shape provides excellent grip even when wet, so there’s no need to worry about dropping it!
The Fiskars IsoCore Maul is a heavy-duty construction hammer with 36 inches long handle. It has a head made of steel, and it weighs 10 pounds without the weight added on by the user. Moreover, the product comes in the dimension of 3.25 x 7.75 x 36 inches.
- ● Solid construction
- ● No vibration
- ● Perfect grip
- ● No technical con in the product.
Why do we recommend this product?
The Fiskars IsoCore Maul is a versatile splitting tool that can handle both small and large logs. The IsoCore technology absorbs the shock of impact and reduces muscle fatigue and joint pain. It allows you to swing with more force without hurting your back or arms.
The Fiskars X25 Splitting Axe is a high-performance splitting tool that makes quick large logs and rounds with its superior blade design. The X25’s blade geometry features a unique, patented PowerStrike edge which delivers more power at impact for fast results and virtually eliminates mashing. In addition, the lightweight yet more robust FiberComp handle offers improved comfort and durability, while the innovative Low-Profile Brace reduces hand strain during use.
With Fiskars patented Shock Control Technology, the X25 is virtually unbreakable and will last you a lifetime.
The Fiskars 28 Inch Splitting Axe has been designed with one purpose in mind: to help you split wood faster than ever before. The lightweight yet more robust axe head provides greater momentum at impact, while the shock control technology absorbs vibrations.
INSEPARABLE RIVETED HEAD
● A patented system that secures the axe head to the handle without using any metal fasteners or adhesives.
● It allows for easy replacement when needed and ensures that the axe will not come apart when used.
● The Fiskars X25 Splitting Axe is the perfect axe for splitting firewood.
● It’s lightweight and comes with an ergonomic handle that reduces hand fatigue.
● The blade geometry optimizes the force you apply to it, giving you more power on every swing.
● This axe features a coating that makes it resistant to rust and corrosion.
● You can use it in any weather condition and still chop wood without worrying about damaging your tool.
● The Fiskars X25 Splitting Axe has fewer shocks because of its optimized blade geometry, which distributes the impact evenly across the entire surface of the blade.
● It gives you more control over how hard or soft you want to hit your wood with each swing.
The Fiskars X25 Splitting Axe is a perfect tool for anyone looking to do some serious chopping. Its design and weight make it easy on the hands, yet powerful enough to chop through even hardwood with ease!. The product weighs 5.29 pounds, and its dimensions are 2 x 9.25 x 31.5 inches.
- ● Optimized sharp blades
- ● Non-slip grip
- ● Sturdy construction
- ● Bit heavy
Why do we recommend this product?
The Fiskars X25 Splitting Axe is the ultimate tool for splitting wood. With a blade that’s 25% thinner and has 40% less friction, it features a patented edge that stays sharp longer. In addition, the lightweight yet stronger FiberComp handle absorbs vibrations and makes work easier, even on tough jobs.
Choosing the right axe from Fiskars for cutting wood is difficult, but not impossible. In our article, Fiskars Axe reviews, you have 4 choices, so which one is best for you? There are several factors that you will need to consider before making your decision. We’re going to explore five of them below so that you can choose the best axe for your needs!
The size of the blade and handle will affect how much force it can generate when swung. For example, a long-handled axe with a smaller head is easier to use than a short-handled one with a large head.
You’ll also want to consider weight when choosing between different axes; lighter ones require more effort from the user, while heavier ones are less fatiguing over time.
The handle should be of a length that is comfortable to use, and it will need to have enough space at the top for your hand. In addition, you’ll want one with an ample surface area so that you can get a good grip on it. Some axes also come with rubber grips over the handles or padding between the head and axe-head to increase comfort when swinging them.
Types of axes:
You may find that different types of woods available require specific blades designed for them; this will factor into how well they perform! For example, smooth steel axes won’t work very well against items like cedar because they’re too soft – go for something made from high carbon steel as they are perfect for such jobs.
The best axe for woodcutting is one suited to the kind of project you’re working on! When making such an investment into something like this, make sure that it gets used enough by considering what type of wood will need chopping, how often, and other tools available in your area that can do similar things.
The first thing that must be considered when choosing the right axe for woodcutting is whether or not they have a flat blade or curved blade. Flat blades allow easier splitting of logs, and the curved blades are better for chopping into a log.
Frequency of Use:
You should consider how often the axe you can use because this can determine what kind of wood it should have and whether or not to purchase an expensive one with good quality metal. For example, if you’re using your axe weekly on small projects, then go ahead and get something cheap but if you need more use out of it, then buy higher-quality.
Q. Are Fiskars axes any good?
A. Yes, Fiskars axes are great. I use one for chopping wood because they’re powerful and comfortable to hold. I’ve been using Fiskars axes for years, and they’re still my favorite! One of the great things about them is how easy they are to use, even if you haven’t used an axe before.
Q. Where are Fiskars axes made?
A. They’re made in Finland. Fiskars is a family-owned company that’s been making tools for over 200 years.
Q. What’s better for splitting wood, AXE, or maul?
A. Well, that depends on what type of wood you’re splitting. If it’s softwood like pine or fir, I’d recommend an axe over a maul. However, if the wood is hard, like oak or maple, then a maul would be better.
Q. What kind of steel does Fiskars use?
A. Fiskars uses a combination of high-quality steel and plastic to create their products. It allows them to provide quality tools at an affordable price. Moreover, Fiskars makes some of the best scissors globally, and they’re made with premium steel. Likewise, the Fiskars knives are made of high-quality steel.
Fiskars is one of the best-known and most reputable brands in the industry, so it’s no surprise that their axes are some of our favorites. In our Fiskars Axe reviews, we’ve shared with you what we think are the four best axes on the market today. We hope this information will help narrow down your search and lead to a purchase that fits your needs and budget. If you have any questions about these products or anything, let us know in the comments below.